dinsdag 5 juli 2011

Diggiloo Diggiley

Life can change profoundly through little things ...little things followed by profound change..
Sometimes it can be an encouter with another person, a book, a movie, or just the way the sun lines a cloud...it can be anything, for me it was a song.

It was 1982, i was 17 and kinda lost in the world. I didnt understand the world in its harsh daylight..didn't get why people seemed so cold and unconnected. School was a total bore and a waste of time so i went there as little as i could get away with.
Searching for some kindered souls i ended up in the nightlife...the weekends was what i lived for. That was the space in time where i found other people..just as lost, sweet to the core, real friends. (allthough i never really fit in there too...didnt speak the accent as they did, smiled and laughed way too much for the '' no future'' subculture)
Our favorite thing to do was to sitt on the sidewalk all night, smoke joints and talk endlessly. (obviously deeply philosofical, discovering the meaning of life...and worry about breaking curfew)
Loved those times...but as times go, they never stay the same. The group got bigger, and the atmosphere was changing...nights were long and drinking was plentyfull, and to keep us going, we discovered amfetamins.
Amfetamins keep you awake, thats true, you can drink a heck of a lot more, also true...but its also a cloak for everything you feel. Just like the cloak on scifi warships, it isolates you completely and nobody can touch you anymore..
I felt trapped....but i'm not even sure i knew that.
Then there was this magical night...in may 1984...as always i was watching the eurovision songcontest with my family...the very first song was sung by 3 guys from Sweden...and it made me sitt up straight...i had no idea what they were singing, but Diggy-loo Diggy-ley sounded so unearthly happy to me...i was mesmerised, and extremely happy when The Herreys won!!
After winning the sang in english:

''Diggy loo diggy ley, life is going my way
When i'm walking in my golden shoes
Everything i ever dreamed of
Has suddenly come true

Diggy loo diggy ley
Let this miracle stay
I can be whatever i will choose
Please don't wake me up i'm dreamin of me in golden shoes!''

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKSPzPFMp7g&feature=related

Well it sure woke me up! I dugg up my white pants from the back of my closet and a blue jeansshirt and i even had some yellow boots to go with that...just like Richard Herrey for whom i had totally fallen by then :-)
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/3408456/Herreys+aaaaaaaa.jpg

Instead of my 'Cure' hairdo, i had my hair just like him too...just not blonde obviously :-)
(I do that...indentify myself with my object of affection, makes me closer somehow)
I was free! This seemingly insignificant song had helped me make the right choise and i was free!

So, life can change profoundly through little things ...little things followed by profound change..
Sometimes it can be an encouter with another person, a book, a movie, or just the way the sun lines a cloud...it can be anything, for me it was a song.
When whatever it is for you comes by...grab hold of it, and set yourself free!

Love
Inge

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten